Wednesday 14 October 2015

Audience Research & Expectations

Recently I auditioned some of my classmates as audience research for my opening film sequence.

I asked them the following questions:
  1. What is your favourite film genre?
  2. What is your favourite film?
  3. Who is your favourite character in that film?
  4. What are your hobbies?
  5. Have you ever watched a dystopian film?
  6. What did you think of it? Would you watch another? 
  7. What makes you watch a film?
  8. What makes you turn off a film?


After I did this interview I decided to consider how I would entwine this research with my research that I have already collected. 

From the information I had collected I realised that the audience would empathise with all three of my planned characters (hint hint) therefore being able to link to both the main character and the two other side characters. This will help develop these characters further because I now know what the audience to my film will be like as it will be a variety of people and I want them to be able to empathise with certain characteristics in the characters. It also stressed how most people expect it to be different and challenging to everyday life. I also learnt that you mustn't dawdle whilst doing a film opening. The audience wants it to the point and likely wants the film to begin. It mustn't be boring or cliche either and not full of too much action.

Back to the drawing board!

P.S: Yes I attempted to use the green screen and it failed miserably due to the lighting on my interviewees who looked a bit strange when the green screen was actually used...

No comments:

Post a Comment