Wednesday 4 November 2015

'Black Sands' Script


So I finally finished my script for my film opening, 'Black Sands'.
It's taken about a month to write because I have been working slowly on my storyboard to figure out what my characters are saying. 
Here it is:

ROWENA:
I feel the grass beneath my feet, the emerald leaves quiver and the scent of summer blooms wisp across the breeze. The chattering laugh of children playing in the cool stream is close by, the sunlight catching in their hair and daisy chains hanging round their wrists and necks. 

[PAUSE]

If only.

My name is Rowena Hemlock, I’m seventeen years old and I killed my mother. She died at my hands, and I’ll never forget that. It’s been twenty-three years since the apocalypse, leaving the world in awe of a new ice age. Seventeen years of eternal winter and, throughout my life, I have never seen daylight with my own eyes. 

You wouldn’t recognise the world we live in now. It’s a ruined wasteland, plagued by disease. Plagued by the Broken, a maddening race that will one day consume the world. They were once humans…no more. Now we’re the only hope of mankind and I haven’t seen another clan in six years…

ALYS:
Where’s my brother? 

[TURNS TO ROWENA]

Where’s Nimrod?


ROWENA:
He’s gone to Black Sands…

No comments:

Post a Comment