Monday 2 November 2015

Film Company Idents

Film idents are a way of identifying the channel or film production company whilst you are watching a film or television programme. Some examples can be seen below:


1. Twentieth Century Fox
2. Warner Bros

3. 2 | Entertain

4. Dreamworks

5. Walden Media

6. Bad Hat Harry

To look at these in more detail I would recommend that you visit this playlist.

After looking at these film idents I have started thinking about my own film company ident. I always use a particular name when I make videos for the school but I don't know if I'll keep that or not.

I noticed that the film idents above are effective but simple. This showed me that you don't want your film ident to be too complicated - or too long for that matter. You also don't want to chuck every single effect you have on your computer into it as it would look awful and be way too complicated for the viewers. Something that also occurred to me is that you mustn't have too weird a noise in the background. When I was younger I used to be terrified of the THX sound - hiding behind the sofa. So, even though this film opening is going to be rated 15 (just to be safe) I don't want some creepy film ident that would freak anyone out.

No comments:

Post a Comment