Monday 8 February 2016

Even More Film Openings

Recently, I have been attempting to finish my film opening called 'Black Sands'. After having looked at the film opening from 'The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials' I decided to take a look at other film openings which I like and have compared 'Black Sands' to.



Firstly, I looked at the 'Kingsman' film opening. I like how in it the credits role off with the rubble of the building under fire. I also like how the camera continues to surge forwards past the film company title as if the audience are part of what is happening. Although this is nothing like my film opening it is interesting to contrast two different action films together to emphasise just how different they are.


I then compared it to 'Guardians of the Galaxy'. A similarity in both my 'Black Sands' opening and 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is that both use dull tones such as grey, blue and pale brown however the use of the bright credits introduces the comic element of the film as well as the accompanied song 'Come and get your Love'.


After that, I looked at 'Dark Shadows'. Immediately I noticed the same dull colours that are used in film openings such as 'Guardians of The Galaxy' and 'The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials', as well as my own film opening: 'Black Sands'. 'Dark Shadows' and 'Black Sands' also use simple pale titles which I think is effective as it does not attract the direct attention of the audience yet the viewer is aware of the credits being there which I think is very clever. 


Now, before I explain the similarities between 'Rush' and 'Black Sands' I would like to point out that I am not a fan of F1. When my family wanted to watch it I decided to give it a shot and was actually very impressed with the filming and the overall film in general. Again, it uses a cold tone filter but I think that is very effective and sets the scene - which is what I hope it will do for 'Black Sands'. The distant voiceover of the different radio and television presenters is effective for this film however I do not believe that it would be suitable for my film due to it's storyline. However, I am still debating whether or not to add the original voiceover I had planned at the start of my coursework or the newest one.

Now it is back to my editing software to continue with 'Black Sands'...

No comments:

Post a Comment